Sunday, February 28, 2010

CHANGE

I am normally one of those people that are deeply opposed to change.  I always feel so unstable and all of my routines are thrown up into the air.  There have been seasons of change that only happened in my life because I knew God was leading me.  Moving away to Master's Commission and moving here were two of the greatest challenges of my life. 

To my suprise, this current change that I am facing is an uprooting of who I am rather than an uprooting of where I am.  I am embracing this next change although it means there is a new season of finding out who I am as a woman and wife.  I am learning who I am as a woman and an evangelist's wife.  I am more importantly in search of who I am as a daughter of Christ.  I find myself finding self-fulfillment with new things that were never in my life previously.  I have a new relationship with a woman of God that is helping me to go down with my roots instead of just going out. I find myself entertaining new ideas such as motherhood and investments in self rather than always investing in everyone else.

I am beginning to cultivate my own beauty.  At first, I was hesistant as God began showing me what He wants to do in me for the next season.  I then realized that investing my time to create a better me will greatly enhance the fewer relationships that come my way.  In my old state of mind, it was all about helping everyone the best I could, today, I strive to help myself so that during the times when I am with other women/girls, the fruit will be much greater.

I thank God today for change and am encouraged that change doesn't always mean something bad.  Change sometimes means that you are selling yourself short and God loves us too much to let us put ourselves on the backburner.

I hope in some way this will encourage you to cultivate your own beauty.

1 comment:

  1. who is helping you with this new change?

    and, ummm.... motherhood?! uh oh.. watch out! time for baby henderson. im definitely FOR this change! i hope its soon!!!

    ReplyDelete