Monday, February 22, 2010

Something is Coming

I tell ya, something is coming my direction in the form of nothing short of a miracle.  I am writing this post to serve as a reminder that God is in control.  I am sure that sometime in the distant future, this blog post will find me.  It will serve as a testimony and a faith booster, because I refuse to be subject to this world.

God has been revealing to me lately how many times in my life I have not given God the credit for answered prayers and miracles.  We are all so quick to blame God for what isn't done, but we only give him one glimpse of fame (if that) when He does something!  Somehow, we get under the impression that it would have happened regardless.  I know in my heart that if God got more of the credit He is worthy of instead of criticism for what wasn't of God in the first place, we would be much more likely to witness answered prayers more consistantly.

I think back to a specific instance when God did something major, and I failed to give Him the credit.  When I was at youth camp, God told me very clearly that I was called to be an evangelist.  He also told me that I was called to lead people into the manifest prescence of God.  At the time, I had no idea what true evangelism consisted of as well as no indication what manifest truely meant.  I look at my life now as I am married to an evangelist in the making, and I am nothing short of shame as I have not given God the credit.

God didn't have to even share that information with me.  He loves me soooo much.  Yet, I find myself doubtful when my finances look rather......well, dry!  During these times of testing, I am going to focus on the things that God HAS done!  Just the other day, an offering was taken up for a great evangelist visiting the church.  They passed around the offering bags, and I honestly had nothing to put into it.  Dustin leaned over to me to assure me that it would be okay.  I told him, "No! God will multiply this dollar."  I held on to it until the bag came to me.  Just before I put my money in the bag, Dustin pulled a few more dollars out of his wallet.  I'm sure he pulled it out in response to my statement, but regardless, Dustin added to my dollar and I saw God multiply that single dollar right before my eyes.  My eyes and heart were lit with excitement.  I live for this stuff.

Instead of embracing doubt, I'm going to embrace the multiplier of my dollars.  He has it soo in control.  I know I am always safer and more secure than I can imagine.  I am in God's hands!  I declare that finances will come, debt will diminish, and my finances will be as of the Lord's bank account.  It will be used for His sake and for a testiment of God's faithfullness.  I will not back down!....An Enemy has Done This!  Go to heartlandfamily.com and watch the sermon entitled "An Enemy has Done This."  It is super relevant to this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment