Wednesday, February 24, 2010

On Edge...

There has been an overwhelming time of testing that has come so abruptly!  It totally caught us off guard.  It has been wearing on us now for the past few weeks especially.  We know that it is the devil, but it is very difficult to not let it effect our daily lives.  I feel at times so grateful that my biggest trouble is finances and not cancer or terminal illness.  I try sooo hard to stay positive throughout every stage of our life.

Lately, the pressures have buried us without us really even knowing it.  I guess you find out how weighed down you are when you try to do something that requires your normal amount of strength and energy.  Dustin and I have both been on edge, but I know it is going to get better.

I was in my car talking to my daddy.  If you don't already know, I am a daddy's girl all the way!  I love my mother dearly, but we are just too much alike sometimes!  My dad assured me that he would never let anything too terrible happen to me without him coming to my aide.  I'm soooo thankful that I have such a solid support system.  Without the right parental foundation in my life, who knows where I would be.  I have over the years adapted for myself my mothers HUGE heart, my daddy's know how and common sense, my mom's unwavering morals, and my dad's analytical yet incredibly deep mind.  They have shown through example a successful marriage along with countless other things.  As an adult now, I am super impressed at how they enabled me to spread my wings yet keep me under their protection! Thanks, mom and dad.

Anyhow, I was in my car talking to dad.  The moment I hung up, I immediately started speaking in tongues which gave me chills up and down my entire body.  I then started singing a song that I haven't heard in years. The words went, "I love You, I need You....though my world may fail, I'll never let You go. You've taken me from the mirey clay, set my feet upon a rock, now I know."  I love when the Holy Spirit gives me a song. 

I remember getting a song when I knew God told me to go to Master's Commission.  At that point, I was fighting the call.  As soon as I asked God why I should do this, He replied through a song that came out of my mouth. "That's why we praise Him, that's why we sing. That's why we offer Him our everything - cause He gave HIS everything......cause He gave his everything."  That was a milemarker in my life.

Through this I think I've learned to realize that I am super sensitive when I'm carrying a burden that I am not supposed to have.  It shouldn't be on my shoulders.  God will never let anything happen to us that we can not handle.  A prophet declared that we would face much warfare! I will gladly take this in exchange for God's promotion.  I've also internalized that when you are treated ugly by others, it really is a reflection of what is going on on the inside of them. 

2 comments: