Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Whew!

The last week has been total chaos! I had a very tough week at work last week as I have no clue how to put a pre-k room together. Now that it is done and the kiddos are here, I am having a much better week. I have been sooo mentally drained...I can't even begin to explain.

Today I was blessed to pray with one of my girls. We prayed that Jesus would make her tummy feel better. We all said a prayer of thanks at lunch, and I got all the tight hugs I wanted! I try to hug and kiss every kid before they leave the room.

This has been a very rewarding experience already. I remembered today God telling me that I was to have my own ministry. I experienced this during an all night prayer rally. I had always though ministry was in Dustin's territory, but God assured me that I would be ministering. I hesitated but accepted it. I realized today that this is what this job has me doing! I talk about Jesus, pray with them, etc. The money issue seems to just fade away when I realize that this is really ministry! I'm a vessel of the Lord in shaping the young minds of our future.

I'm getting better at not feeling guilty or ashamed for not providing more for Dustin while he is in school. Steve Hill helped me put all of that into perspective. If I take care of God's house, He will take care of my house!

I've been getting a little lonely, lately. Dustin and I haven't been on a date in weeks, and I am about to burst. I know one is coming right around the corner.

I have a easy recipe that everyone should know about. When it cools, it tastes just as good as American Cookie Company...if not better. I am not joking.
spray pan
flatten a roll of cookie dough at the bottom
then layer one block of cream cheese mixed with powdered sugar (combine the two until desired sweetness)
flatten a roll of cookie dough on top
Bake till golden brown.
*You must let it cool for it to taste right. It needs to be at least room temperature or cooler. It lasts for days and it is sooooo good.

1 comment:

  1. I'm super pumped that you are liking the job more. When we were over the other night I could just see the frustration and uneasiness. And I knew exactly how you felt. It's great that you can view this as your ministry and not worry about the money. You will probably be much happier. I know I'm happy for you!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete