Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"The B-I-B-L-E....Yes, that's the book for me"

I have been going through a particularly difficult time in my life these last couple of weeks. It has truely been a roller coaster. The job in Keller did not work out, but God has opened another door, for which I am perfect for. I will know something tomorrow. It is a christian preschool. The pay is much better than other preschools I have checked into and it offers paid vacation. I found the opening on Craigslist.com, and the lady told me that she had over one hundred viable candidates that applied. She informed me that she has been praying and seeking God on who to hire for the position. It is a pay cut, but I couldn't ask for a better working environment. All of the staff and the preschool are founded on everything I believe. They are spirit filled and even meet for a bible study once a month at the boss's house.

I've been reading and studying the word so much more than I ever have before. I'm not quite sure what leads me into a season of not reading my instruction manuel. I have been studying Abraham. I have learned sooooo much! I have learned the importance of intercession for both believers and non-believers. I have learned about how to handle every day situations, such as telling white-lies..etc. Today, I learned: that men would not do ill, if at first they did not think ill! I fwe have entered a wrong course, this will not excuse our knowingly persisting in it! I also learned that many are full of the blessings of God's providence that are strangers to the blessings of His covenent. I got most of those phrasings from the commentary, but I understand the applications as they are represented throughout the life and events in Abraham's life.

Lastly, a great friend has moved in with us in order to attend Steve Hill's school of ministry. He is a Teen Challenger, and he is a pleasure to get to know. Honestly, at first, I was hesitant because I didn't really know him that well. However, now I realize that it is such a blessing to us in many ways. I completely trust that this is God's will for us. It makes my heart smile in helping people such as Richie. I also rediscover peace about the situation as I remember telling Dustin over six months ago that I felt that we were supposed to have a student stay with us. I had totally dismissed it until it came to my memory again just a day or two ago.

Well, I'll keep you posted on my miracle....by the way, my miracle is whatever God has in store for me. It may not be packaged as I thought it would, but He works all things for the good for those that love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment