Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bitter-Sweet.....but mostly SWEET!

This is my preschool classroom. Yes, I got a job! Hooray. It is bitter-sweet, because my miracle came in a different package than I was expecting.....God always seems to do that with me. I think he is trying to show me something...ya think?

I went for an interview on Tuesday. My boss called me on Wednesday and offered me the job. She is paying me the top wage that she is allowed, because I am a little over-qualified for the job...on paper that is. I don't think by any means that I am above working at a preschool. This is such a God thing in so many ways.

First, God has been showing me through studying and praying to not get too connected here. I'm not sure if that is in Texas or to teaching or what.? All I know is that I heard it and I'm seeing confirmation after confirmation. I know for sure that Dustin is to finish school of course, but I keep seeing God gently tell me to not establish "roots". I know that I am supposed to get involved with things, but He keeps nudging me to realize that no place on this earth is my home. As Watchman Nee puts it, "This earth is my temporary inn, or dwelling place."

Anyways, Pastor Janice informed me that she had over one hundred applicants for this job and had been interviewing for over a week. She never felt a peace about anyone. She told me that she knew when she was interviewing me that I was the one. She had six other interviews after me and she said that she wanted to call them and cancel, but she went through them anyways. This is a God thing! My first day on the job, she sat with me in my classroom and prayed with me. She is spirit-filled and is very passionate about her teacher being as well. I couldn't ask for a better working environment.

The reason I have said that this is bitter-sweet is because I catch myself feeling like a failure that I don't have a normal 1-5 classroom. I think more of my hurt lies in the fact that I so wanted to show everyone that God could provide me with a job in an impossible situation. I guess I am afraid that people will not see God's glory behind this job. I learned something beautiful behind this, though. I realized that God cared more about what was right for me and that school than He did about showing people that He could do it. It taught me that giving God glory for something isn't about Him providing in the impossible.....it's about giving Him glory for giving me what I need. He is the ultimate example in loving, isn't He? Oh, how my heart longs for this kind of foresight and wisdom. I also think about the huge pay cut, but then I remember how just having enough is what it's all about. I would rather my faith be strengthened than to be handed everything on a silver pladder. Lastly, I guess I'm also a little sad that I couldn't provide more comfort for my husband. He deserves the absolute best money can buy.

However, I know this is the plan God has for me and that I want to prove myself faithful with little....although the Holy Spirit quickens me to understand that teaching Jesus and knowledge to little ones for life is a very big responsibility. Maybe one day those little ones will draw on something that I have taught and modeled to them in life. I so want to show them how to make good choices and how to be successful in life. The best part is that I get to teach Jesus! That takes the cake!

On a different note, Dustin, Richie, and Justin have all been in orientation for school. I'm so stink'n excited for them. Those boys hold a very special place in my heart. Richie is quickly becoming a part of the family! Tuckie initiated him in by offering to let Richie play with him and his big boy bone! ha

Well, I guess I should straightn' up the house and get ready for the guys to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment