Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Tools...

I was sitting in the gym while Richie and Dustin were working out. I am never motivated in an empty gym with tons of equipment and a treadmill with an empty slate as a calorie counter that moves slower than the second hand on a clock.  Anyways,  I was sitting there wondering why my promised land seems to be filled with challenges already.  I heard the Holy Spirit within me say, "Anything will seem to be a challenge when you are doing it in YOUR own strength."  I really hope that you will be able to grasp the reality of this even if you have not experienced it yourself.

When I went on my interview at Central Elementary, where I now teach, I was walking away with a strong urge to go back and show my face one last time to the teachers that I had observed and who had interviewed me in addition to the principal.  Every ounce of my wanted to turn back and do what I think was best.  I heard the Holy Spirit say, "NO, I'll take care of it!."  I literally stopped as my legs began to feel like they were 1000 pounds.  I continued on to my vehicle and with my half heart smurk of a voice said, "Okay God, You have it!"  I knew that the peace I had experienced before that moment was the beginning of the will that God had in mind for me.  I had sooo much peace about the interview, that I showed up to the interview without even my resume!  God made sure that I knew from start to finish that this was HIS effort and none of mine.   I realize now this was me successfully being his tool, just SHOWING UP.  Just showing up when he draws me to prayer, evangelism, Teen Challenge stuff, and my job is all that I've had to do in the greatest missions God has appointed me to.

So when I was sitting on a contraption to work my back muscles, I realized that I had took the reigns away from God and in my actions and heart had said, "God, I have it from here."  For some reason, I felt that His job was done and that it was my responsibility and burden from here on out.  I felt like my father had been pushing me and holding on to my bike and then let go for me to take the controls all by myself.  Thankfully, God has a two seater bike in mind for us.  So today, I stopped the bike and got off the front seat.  I let Him have it and I tell ya it's already a way more comfortable ride.

In this season of my life, I want to show up and be the tool that God wants.  I will lie here in complete availability to my God.  What good am I if I constantly try to manipulate and work myself to death on a smaller job that was not even meant for me.  God knows exactly what tool to use at what time.   I don't want to be a wrench that constantly is begging and trying to manipulate myself into a hammer.  Pardon the medaphor.  I want to be the best wrench around! haha 

Webster's definition of a tool is a handheld device that aides in accomplishing a task.  I love that I am handheld!  Every tool is useful, too.  Isn't that amazing.

I have a dear friend somewhere that has been muted by the enemy.  I declare for you friend, if you read this, that you are a mouthpiece of God.  When your words have been silent, I declare this next season in your life will be a time where you words will become a two edged sword to divide truth and lies.  I declare that your words will edify, prophesy, and solidify the will of God here on earth in the lives of countless people.  I just looked up the word mouthpiece in Webster's dictionary.  Mouthpiece - one that expresses or interprets another's views.  I love that.

2 comments:

  1. hmm.. i dunno who your "friend" is, but i know a couple of pple this could apply to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I knew it was for someone who would read this. I was thinking about someone in particular, but the Holy Ghost showed me it was for someone or somem people.

    ReplyDelete