Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Without a Plan

I have no plan for this blog post.  I decided just to sit down with absolutely nothing in particular burning in my brain.  Currently, my husband is playing Madden on XBOX 360.  My Tara is curled up in a tiny ball on a footrest.  Tucker is in his kennel fast asleep.  Lastly, I am sitting here at the computer with completely randomn thoughts cruzing through my head.



It is snowing outside, so being at home with my little family seems very cozy at the moment.  However, I wish I could say I have gotten more done up to this point.  I have a great deal of work that could be done.  I am in a constant tug-of-war with myself.  On one hand, I think that I need to take advantage of this time off.  On the other, I feel I must take advantage of this time to rest....work will ALWAYS be there.

After we arrived home from Louisiana, we immediately hit the road again to be with our good friend, Erik Hill.  He is one of the people Dustin and I both will take to the grave as a dear friend.  We literally put all of our belongings on the floor and left again after a four hour drive home.  We ate a hole in the wall italian restaurant, then we finsished off the evening at Starbucks.  By the way, their Christmas blend is sooo yummy....so I hear from Dustin and Richie.  Well, Richie hasn't said anything, but he makes it ALL the time. haha  To the top is Erik - to the bottom is Richie.




Today, we all had Chick Fil A for lunch.  Dustin forgot something, so when he went back to get that plus Richie some lunch, we found out it was free because we were the 100th customer.  Yipee.

Lastly,  I am currently learning what evangelism is all about.  You have some people that make it a mission to go out and make it happen.  I have found, FOR ME, that the Holy Spirit is just bringing it to me.  I feel that when the Holy Spirit sences that you will be a vessel without hesitation, He will send the opportunities left and right...Perhaps, my eyes have just been opened to the opportunities that have already existed.  As Brandon Heath expresses, "Give me Your eyes for just one second, Give me Your eyes so I can see everything that I keep missing. Give me Your love for humanity."




No comments:

Post a Comment