Monday, March 8, 2010

Hannah

"Those that are of a fretful spirit, and are apt to lay provocations too much to heart, are enemies to themselves, and strip themselves very much of the comforts both of life and godliness."

The above statement came from the commentary that I was reading on the story of Hannah.  Hannah had double favor because of her current bareness.  She had the sincere love of her master in both private and public, yet she could not let go of her infirmity.  Without her inability to have children, she would have never experienced the divine favor that she had gained.  However, she still remained ill at heart. 

I know I have been guilty of this so many times.  I have so many things that are going for me.  God ALWAYS gives me double for my trouble; however, I still seem to wallow in the negative that was used to bring forth supernatural giftings.  How is it that God has allowed me to want to remain focused on what I don't have?...especially when it is the very reason for all of the supernatural favor that I do have. WOW This is such a revelation to me.

God, I pray true and unabated deliverence from this.  I know it will take You to do it.  I lay it down, so I am trusting that you burn it as an offering unto You.  I don't want to be an enemy to myself any longer.  I want to inhabit the praises that will rise to call you Blessed.  I thank You for exactly what I do have and will think of this when I see "In EVERYTHING give thanks to God."

No comments:

Post a Comment