Sunday, January 17, 2010

And Suddenly....

I was spending some time with a great friend, and God spoke to me very clearly about the future.  I like to explain the context to when I have the voice of God appear in my life.  I just LOVE it when He catches me off guard.  The only thing I can nail down as the voice of God is..."AND SUDDENLY THERE WAS...."  At first I was pretty sure it was JUST a move of the Holy Spirit that was going to come suddenly.  Oh, that word JUST limits us soo much.  From the moment I heard it, it was implanted into my spirit.  It is part of me for this moment and can not be removed just as God can never be removed from my heart.

In the bible, this phrase appears in Acts 2:2 -  And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

I know without a shadow of a doubt that there is about to me a suddenly!  However, the suddenly that appeared in Acts 2 was for that time and perhaps others, but I know that we are now proclaiming what our suddenly will be.  What are we as the spirit-filled church going to declare for the words after "was."  And suddenly, there will be.......  What do you want to see?  God is wanting to know what you are yearning for.  What is burning in your heart that you must see and won't loosen your persuit of it until it comes forth?  For me it is for God's truth to be known, unmistakenly!  I want my God's name and reputation to be replinished among the earth.  I want His heart to be felt! I need to see His name resounding in all of the earth.  I want God to become the clear answer and destination to all of the earth's problems!  I pray that the Teen Challenges be full, the churches to be alive, and for people to be a people OF God, not just for His cause.  It's time for God to bust out of this box that we all have put Him in. 

This is a season that we must be our OWN prophet!  Let's proclaim it as though it were and tighten our grip on what is in our spirit to see forth.  We must recognize that GOD is in us, and it is about time that God in us really reflect who God is.  He is not dulled down and a temporary relief.  He is all powerful and has soo many names that reveal His character.  If that God lives in us, we must consecrate ourselves to be of Him and not just for Him.  If we do that, I believe we will see who God really is manifested and displayed in our lives.  I'm tired of the God that comes out of me being smaller than I know Him to be in my heart.

"And Suddenly, my pastor will be consumed with God's prescence that every cancer cell will disappear!"
And suddenly, my loved ones will have a glimpse of the light I have been trying to display."
And suddenly, there will be a distinct shift in the finances geared towards business and into God's business.
And suddenly, the arguements between the body of Christ will become a voice of unity.
And suddenly, Harry Hines Blvd. will be empty of prostitutes.
And suddenly, my classroom silence will be filled with the move of the Holy Ghost.
And suddenly, life as we know it will NEVER be the same!

I'M SO READY!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the support and the encouraging words and advice. i know i HAVE to start taking care of myself more. it just seems like i have no time to really relax ever! when im home, im cooking, cleaning, taking care of animals, reading, etc. i dont have time to just rest. you know my hubby is always on the go, go, go! im not blaming him, but it does make it harder.
    because of all this stuff though, i have started trying to make little changes like taking vitamins, eating more fruit, drinking more water, and going to bed a tad bit earlier. i still have a long way to go, though.
    i feel like my stress will never be completely gone, but once im home with my children my stress level will decrease tremendously. because its what im designed for.
    anyways, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete