Tuesday, October 13, 2009

All I am is You

I was sitting at the computer, and before I knew it I was singing "All I am is You." I have never heard that as a song before, and knew the Holy Spirit was coming out of me and declaring righteousness over me. I think this is the beauty of being spirit-filled.....to be meditating on the Lord and then for the Holy Spirit to wipe over you. It gives me supernatural understanding, perspective, and strength. There is nothing better than a refreshing through the Holy Spirit. I know the words of my blog will not do what I felt justice, but I try in hopes of revealing God through a different perspective.

To me, these words meant that all I am is Him, because when I am completely surrendured to Him I am nothing but a part of Him. When all my sin and the uncleanliness of my heart has been washed clean, I am just an extension of God Himself. I am so encouraged to know that I do not just belong to Him....but that I am actually in Him and of Him. I feel such an embrace and a belonging.

I have been going through a season of self-condemnation because I am not doing exactly what I had pictured. My best friend, Dustin, helped me through it. I always think that I have everything figured out...WRONG. Three months ago, if you had asked me about my job situation....I would have told you that what I am doing now would be too good to be true. Now that I am seeing results and that it is not too good to be true, I feel that I have to condemn myself for not being something else. I know it doesn't make sense. Now that I actually have something that I've only dreamt about, I fall into doubt...etc. It has taught me even more that God always knows what we can handle. This experience has really taught me to not dwell on what I don't have, but to meditate with gratefullness for what I do have. I realize that the richest people in the world would give up everything for a piece of what I have. I have a great marriage to my best friend, a great family (on both sides), and peace when I go to lay down at night. In the stillness, I know that He is God and I have no infirmities or worries. What more could I possibly ask for? I'm just in awe of my Savior and His provision. He WAS and IS and IS TO COME!

No comments:

Post a Comment