Thursday, October 15, 2009

Failure vs. Victory

Lately, I have come to realize that success doesn't come with an arrival to a set destination. Most people think of similar things when it comes to success......a nice home, a great deal of money, a fabulous job...etc. However, I've come to grips that as a child of God, He establishes what my failures and victories are. If I have what seems to be an excellent job, it may be my failure. I think about the man Pastor Steve Hill talked about. He gave thousands to the church and was asked why..? The man replied that before he became a wealthy business man, God told him to sell everything and go to the mission field. That man did not obey and established great wealth in business. Most people would have admired his financial status..... Well, it's just not that simple. His millions represented his lack of obedience and what is failure in the eyes of God. That man is now on the mission field- Glory to God.

The other day, I realized that I was in the same exact boat with someone I know that is going through an enormous trial...although I consider it a blessing. I was thinking about what the same situation means to different people in different circumstances. I obtain the same thing that person considers with great difficulty. Therefore, I was reminded of the imp0rtance of not looking at what someone else has compared to what I have. Comparing yourself to that of another is just plain faulty. You have done a great disservice. You then have this idea that happiness lies within what others have..such as money. What I am longing for may be a symbol of someone else's disobedience to God. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

I am encouraged to know that the path God has laid out for me is special and unique. No one's accomplishments, no matter how similar or different they are to mine, will ever compare to the meaning that my accomplishments have to God and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment