Thursday, June 10, 2010

Jesus' Crayons

I was thinking today about how I demand that my students make good use of the crayons that I have for them.  It always seems, without fail, that one student out of my current sight will let one roll off their desk.  Of course, someone's foot then manages to smash it and break it into uselessness.  My student asked me right before school let out for summer if she could use a fresh box.  I told her that she must take care of them and make sure nothing happens to them.  She assured me that they would be in great condition upon their return.

The first similarity where I could relate to stewardship is that I only let her use the fresh crayons when I knew that it was an important project she was working on.  Consequently, I would have also let her use them if it was just important to her...not just relatively important.  The second similarity is that those crayons represented my resource as the teacher.  However close I manged them may seem silly; however, I do understand that countless other students benefit or suffer from one student's use.  I love how this reminded me that when God blesses me financially, that I need to make sure that it (for the most part) is used to benefit others.  Lastly,  I have tucked away the bigger box of crayons in my desk drawer.  Do you think I would ever let one of my wild and crazy coloring kids have them?...No sir!  I would love to bless a student with many more colors and choices if I know they will be used as intended.

I learned from these simple crayolas that stewardship is about alot more than meets the eye, especially when it comes to finances.  Some may say I analyze and take things just too far....I prefer to find meaning wherever and whenever I can.  On a lighter note, I have been learning to completely let go of my thoughts.  I have never known such freedom as I have known it lately.

I've been working 9-2 and it has been heaven!  We are moving at the end of the month, so my drive to work will be MUCH less.  I plan on decorating it more than I have the one we are in currently.  My ten dollar couch has truely inspired me.

My friend Melissa has just recently launched her photography website.  It is truely magnificent.  She has natural talent.. She especially loves taking pictures of infants.  She is an annointed mother although she has no kids of her own just yet.  I could go on and on about how my heart leaps at the upcoming success for her, but I'll just give you the site.  If your one of my Texas friends or a friend from home (LA), you are definately within her range.

http://www.melissaperkinsphotography.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment