Monday, May 31, 2010

My Heart, Your Home

I've been  experiencing such a hunger for the Word that I have never experienced in my spiritual walk.  Reading and studying my Word has often seemed more like a chore than anything else.  I honestly think the prayers from my "mentor" have really made the difference.  There is no other way that I can explain it.  Regardless of what it is, I'm so grateful because I am learning so much.

Anywho, there is a song/artist that I love! Watermark is what they are called. They are a husband/wife team; however, they haven't put out any new music in years.  I still download their music.  I have never been a big music person, but I adore piano type worship that it deeply heartfelt and thoughtful.  This one song in particular has captured my attention!  "My Heart, Your Home" has become my mantra. 

My Heart, Your Home
Come and make my heart Your home

Come and be everything I am and all I know

Search me through and through

‘Till my heart becomes a home for You



CHORUS



A home for You, Lord

A home for You, Lord

Let everything I do open up

A door for You to come through

And that my heart would be a place

Where You want to be…


CHORUS



You are my portion, filling up everything

You are the fortune, that’s causing my heart to sing

That it’s amazing…

That You could make Yourself at home with me

 
I started thinking about what it means to have a home.  Afterall, if I want God to be at home in my heart...I think I should think about what a home is to the one living inside of it.....So I made a list.
Home:
-Something you must have a key to get into
-I trust my belongings there
-There is a place of relationships, entertainment, nourishment.
-It must be cleaned up, prepared, and updated
-Nothing should be scattered...everything should have its own place
-I have free reign of my home
 
I really do want my heart to be His home.  I give Him access, room for His belongings, a neat space just for Him, and I give Him free reign.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment