Thursday, March 15, 2012

FORGIVENESS

Father,

Did you see what he did and said about me?  He was full of accusation and spite.  Does it matter that I did everything to make it right and to remain objective?  Persecution seems to follow me and hides behind every corner.  Is this what our sinful nature makes of us?  For I was technically a part of the crowd that condemned you and crucified your Son.

What did Jesus do?.....He prayed for them and made a way for them to escape eternal damnation.  But that was Him and this is me.  This guy wronged me and discredited my name.  I can't just let him get away with it, can I?....

OK, this heart of stone I submit under the workings of the cross, trusting You will make it a heart of flesh...sensitive to my brother's current condition.

I imagine through this somehow my heart will connect with Your heart, just as Jesus' did.

I realize this isn't taking the high road....It is, in fact, a low road paved with the discomfort of self-sacrifice and self-denial!  It isn't comfortable or convenient, but through Your infinite graces, I know it leads to the BEST destination.

Vindication belongs to You, my Father, who takes great care of his kids.

-Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment