Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Faithfulness

"A faith that does not result in faithfulness is fraudulent."

That's a pretty nice beginner, eh?  I have been bombarded with a message of faith and success and how closely they are related within the past week.  Radio preaching, personal time, instant access on faith scriptures as my bible swings open to the exact page God wants me to read.  His word is really nothing short of letters to me.  Isn't that beautiful?

I was just thinking about how beautiful is the life lead in faith.  All of the things I treasure most has been found through intimate persuit of God.  I was in search of a fresh word on the front right side of my home church sanctuary....I found direction to Master's Commission that was vital to my spiritual walk. I was in search of God through a bible study...found my husband there. I was in search of God's face in a worship service after seeking knowledge of spiritual warfare through Rebecca Greenwood....I found Kindle Elisabeth through my ears and eyes as direction that confirmed what He spoke years earlier.  I have always received as much of God as I have persued....always!  I want more. 

As I was in my quiet time, I could hear the Holy Spirit saying, "The Father is looking for faithfulness."  I believe we are in a day that the Lord is literally searching and looking for a heart that is FULLY His. 

I would say that we are in a land and a time that is much like what Jeremiah saw:  "Road through the streets of Jerusalem.  Look and take note; search in her squares.  If you find a single person, anyONE who acts justly, who seeks to be FAITHFUL, then I will forgive her."  This is amazing to me!  I believe this is a word for TODAY. 

There are so many lies out there to flatter us into thinking that a faithful life abides in good intentions and a positive moral attitude.  It's time to understand what God is searching for and what He wants to find in me.  Jeremiah 4 lets me know that a life/land is blessed or cursed based on the statement, "if you...." That's me!...not God.  His will is blessing. He's not sitting up there waving a rod of immaculate intervention to turn some sorrows into good.  He's passionately waiting to find a heart that is faithful.  That's all.
Jeremiah 4 - "If you return to Me, if YOU remove your destestible idols from my Prescence and do not waver, if YOU swear, as the Lord lives, in truth, in justice and in righteousness, then the nations(me) will be blessed by Him and will pride themselves in Him."

I just marvel at the beauty that I will pride myself in what He will do when He finds those qualities that truely define faithfulness. 

Who can be found faithful in heart, thoughts, money, persuits, relationships, battles, victories?...I desperately wanna be!  I wanna be found on a mission field or in a van full of criminals or in a brothel full of women seeking love or in my living room fostering the gifts within my sweet daughter, Kindle.  I wanna be found with the discipline to see beyond a rough moment to recognize that a life of faithfulness will result in eternal significance.  We always seem to be aware when people are watching us, I wanna wake up with the reality each morning that God is watching...I want Him to take delight in me.  I want Him to be blessed by me.  I yearn for His heart to be captivated by my life.  I long for Him to know that my life is a place where He can come and release Himself. 

I love that all this talk of faithfulness is just that....believing what I cannot see....a life full of faith.  I believe in all these things lie true success.  So long luke warmness with good intentions and a fake smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment