Monday, January 10, 2011

Enjoy the Journey

I realized one major difference today between me and the world.  One follows a voice of self-determination, one follows the voice and direction of God.  I think the major difference between the two, is that one guaruntees invaluable experiences and relationship with no regrets....the other provides temporary peace of mind, knowing that as long as the world continues the way they think it should, their futures will be secure.

I made a decision to follow the voice of God a long time ago.  No matter what this world turns toward, my past, present, and future rest in the hands of God.  A life in persuit of possessions and popularity may provide things, but it never allows you to live in peace without any regrets. 

As I look at the fruit that this deliberate path has produced, I see:
-a roomate we not only have lived with but have made a difference in , a priceless and lifelong relationship
-countless men that still to this day call Dustin when life is difficult and easy
-at least four people that we will love and fellowship with till the day we die
-so far, at least100 little faces that God had put in my path to give direction, and in some cases, mentorship
-visions and lessons that allow me to be a person people come to for help
-broken relationships with family restored and unhealthy ties broken
-classes and people who have not only led me, but taught me in the ways of spiritual warfare, etc..
-a relationship that has gone from a friendship to a love that only God could have made
-most importantly, a future that will continue to glorify the King instead of my own flesh.

My path is deliberate.  My path is sometimes difficult.  My path isn't traveled often.  Howevever, I'm around people that have been there and have given me a glimpse of the price.  I'm surrounded by those trailblazers that all christians want to be like, but few are willing to pay the price.  I'm surrounded by them on purpose....I want to be one of those.

I wrote in the baby book just tonight about this life lesson.  I include things I want Kindle to know.  I want her to look around wherever she is and know that our life may not be full of things, but it is full of God and it is on purpose!  This is from the baby book, "Our path is divine....The world pushes us to a destination, but Daddy God focuses on the journey."  Thank goodness.  I could achieve material things and have the world look at me differently; however, I know that when those things happen, I will have gotten there from enjoying the journey and walking through invaluable experiences and lessons.  I will enjoy the journey.

My hubby just took a picture of this painting I did a while back.  I know the quality of the picture isn't great, but I know walking by it and reading it is such a good reminder for me. 

I am proud of my decisions, lifestyle, and accomplishments b/c they have all come from God.  Like I said, I made a decision a long time ago...I'm gonna follow Jesus, no matter what.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. may be my favorite post yet. :) I'm so proud of you and Dustin and so happy to call yall friends. I hope I'm one of the special 4! haha

    ReplyDelete